A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
What's this game about?
Termite Wars is a fast paced RTS about becoming the last survival termite clan of the house. You will fight with other AI termite clans, consume your wooden nests to create more troops and invade every piece of furniture available.
In Development [pre-alpha #2]
Termite Wars started as a concept made in 3 days for Ludum Dare 37 (you can visit our entry and download the original version here).
Now, we are expanding the original concept and trying to make a fun full game. Current version (tagged as pre-alpha #2) is an almost final gameplay concept.
We have a
DevBlog on Tumblr, check it out if you want to know more about what we are doing!
Please, tell us what you think about the game and your ideas to improve it, your comments are very valuable!
- Skirmish Mode
- Almost final gameplay concept
- Fully functional AI bots with different personalities
- 5 skirmish maps, completely different from pre-alpha #1
- More maps: We know 5 maps aren't enough. They can be fun, but will become repetitive pretty quickly. We are planning to add lots of maps on the next update.
- Randomized starting points: Currently, the starting point for each player is predetermined on each map. We will change that on the next update, to add more replayability value to each map.
- Better tutorial: We know that current tutorial is not as good as it should be. We will change that in the future.
- Smaller learning curve: Current version throws the player against the AI on balanced maps. That's good for experienced players, but can be excesively challenging for new players. We will add some maps to help new players learn the basics of the game with some advantage over the AI before playing the balanced maps.
- Campaign mode: A full neightbourhood scheme with turn-based strategy to decide wich building to attack each turn, against enemy AIs that want to conquer the world!
These are ideas we would like to add, but we can't promise wich ones, if any, will end up in the game :
- Custom level editor
- Community maps
- Procedural maps
- Modding support
- W-A-S-D: Move the camera
- Mouse wheel: Camera Zoom
- Right Click: Send selected termites
- Left Click: Select furniture or termite under the mouse, spawn 5 termites (on selected furniture)
- Left drag: Select termites
|Published||309 days ago|
|Author||Evil Worm Games|
|Tags||Colorful, Fast-Paced, Ludum Dare, Ludum Dare 37, Real time strategy, Voxel|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Links||Ludum Dare, Homepage|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
are you gonna make betas and alphas for this game and will it be a paid version in the future?
Short anwser: yes.
Long answer: we are only two people and we are now focused on improving and releasing our android game Furry Pirates, wich is in beta right now. Improving the concept of Termite Wars and release it as full paid game is on our plans, and of course we will update with dev builds with the improvements here, but we can't promise dates or anything like this yet. Stay tuned! :)
The AI is a bit boring but this is the most charismatic demonstration of the "node wars" genre as I call it (is there an official name? Is it "eufloria-like")
Yeah, we know there's a lot of things to improve yet, the AI probably the most notable one. I dunno if there's a specific genre name for this kind of games, indeed we didn't know eufloria, we were inspired in the mechanics of Mushrom Wars (wich is the same kind of game too). Glad you liked it by the way :)
Love eufloria-like gameplay! Good luck with the future games!